Home    About    Tutorials    Recipes    Quilts    Quiet Books    Shop          
        
Loading...

Friday, June 6, 2014

Zipper Pouches!


Everyone knows that it is a great compliment when a quilter uses her best fabric to make something for you. Well, my kids had some pretty great teachers this year. My oldest daughter's teacher even put up with taught both my son and husband when they were in 4th grade! 


I usually do something homemade and food gifts seem to be well received. I wanted to give them some of my salsa, so I got tortilla chips and a bright, fun bowl to match. Then, at the very last minute, I whipped up some zipper pouches using some of my Vintage Modern fabric.


I used contrasting linings and zippers and tied a little ribbon on the zipper pull. They are pretty simple, but I didn't want to take away from the fabric.


I have some ideas of how I want to make some of these to sell in the shop, so you may be seeing more of these!

6 comments:

Renee said...

Those are really cute and I like how you put them together. I know the teacher's will love them!

Alycia Morales said...

Those are incredibly cute pouches, Lindsay! Where can I get one?

Bethany Liv said...

Hey friend, LOVE them!! I've been working on some cute pouches too....we must be geniuses! =)

Pam @Threading My Way said...

The teachers will love their new pouches, Lindsay. They're gorgeous!!!

Carla said...

Cute pouches! I NEED to make some of these : )
Lindsay, how is it you are a no reply blogger?

Carol Pack Urban said...

I love the blue fabric with red flowers!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails