Home    About    Tutorials    Recipes    Quilts    Quiet Books    Shop          
        
Loading...

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Brrrrr.... Sewing Capes

On Sunday we went to see the move "Frozen" for my mom's birthday.  

The girls just LOVED it! 

So, when school was cancelled yesterday for the bitter cold my girls were making paper crowns, playing "coronation day," and singing "Let it Go" at the top of their lungs. Then we looked up "Frozen" hairstyles on Pinterest and then it morphed into sewing capes for them all.  

I had lots of fleece hanging around (the price was right = FREE) so it didn't take very long to whip up a couple of capes for the girls. 


Each one is just a circle skirt with a slit down the front and a hood instead of a waistband. I eyeballed it when cutting the neck circle, so some of them needed gathers to make the width the same. Eh. I'm just winging it here. 

Halley, in the darker blue, wants me to tell you that she isn't miserable. 

I didn't hem either. It is fleece so it's not gonna fray and these are just for playing dress-up anyway. Grace got a button, but the rest just have ribbon ties.



And with those big circles, it makes for a lot of fun twirling...




So, other than that we did some cleaning and blew bubbles to watch them freeze and threw boiling water off of the porch (carefully). Is it ridiculously cold where you live? If so, stay warm!!

3 comments:

Renee said...

It looks like they're having so much fun! I don't think I would venture out even to twirl in a fun cape but kids are resilient.It sounds like they had a fun day off school.

It's so cold here that my car tires were frozen to the garage floor yesterday and the car wouldn't budge!

Sewing Mom said...

How fun! Isabelle reminds me of 'Little Red Riding Hood'. What a great idea for your girls. =)

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Sewing for the moment... love it. Sounds like a fun time was had by all. I've never thought of bubbles freezing, as I've never experienced cold like you have.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails