Home      About Me      Tutorials      Recipes      My Shop             

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas and a 2013 Bloggy Year in Review


I made it through another ornament season and another Christmas! Whew! The blog might not show it, but I have been crafting up a storm over here, too.  So, I need to round up some pictures to show some of the awesome presents I made this year. In them meantime, here is a little bloggy 2013 "Year in Review" post...

I finished four baby quilts for nieces and nephews this year. One hand quilted and three by machine (I am turning into such a cheater with my new sewing machine.)

Ninja Turtle Baby Quilt- loved these little turtles! :)


Hole in the Barn Door Quilt- stash busting and a pattern I have really wanted to try!


Jungle Star Quilt- a long overdue finish and a fun experiment in machine quilting! I gave this one to my new niece.


Ariel Quilt- for a special little girl! :)


In 2014 I hope to make Hannah a quilt and there are two more nieces or nephews (or one of each) on the way in my family, too.

I made some bags for myself this year! WOW!

I did a charm square tote for myself last Spring and I have another one started that I need to finish in 2014.


I am using my Stella Diaper Bag right now...


And I made my first zipper pouch. I want to make some of these for my etsy shop next year, too. Oh, yeah, and my mom wants one. Eh... maybe. ;)


I made a lot of clothes this year, too.  The girls' Easter dresses and the matching doll versions are still very popular posts.


Now that I am conquering my fear of knit, I went on a little maxi skirt sewing spree. Of course, the dolls needed some, too.


I did some maternity sewing like the shirt shown above and this comfy skirt:


The obvious choice for the best thing I made in 2013... Hannah!  Well, my husband helped, but I did most of the work. ;) That bear hat got a lot of wear and I posted the pattern HERE.


Some of my other favorite baby things include her little dress and bonnet... (Aw! She looks so tiny here!!!)


And my wrap carrier is so super handy!!


I am making more of these scrappy fabric/embroidery art pieces:


...and I will be starting on Easter baskets very soon for my etsy shop, too. I plan on adding a lot of new items and making more baskets. I have also decided to keep the Christmas ornament listings up in my shop year round.  Maybe it will help my returning customers so that they don't need to wait until November to order and alleviate some of the rush. So, there are a few changes coming to the shop in 2014.

2013, despite its many trials and changes, has been a year filled with many blessings. I also want to say that I love and appreciate all of my bloggy friends and I hope that God brings you many blessings in the new year!

4 comments:

Carol Pack Urban said...

I hope you and your family had a very merry Christmas! God bless!

Carol

Sewing Mom said...

I'll say you've been extremely productive this year! Will look forward to seeing what's in store for 2014! God bless.

Carla said...

Looks like you had a fun busy year. All the best in 2014

Melissa Jagears said...

The turtle block is adorable! Happy new blog year!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails